Tuesday, April 04, 2006

"Wheeeee!!"

I am happy to report that the pregnancy massage went well and felt great. I actually had two people working on me at the same time, which was wonderful. At one point, one of them was doing some belly-lift thing and the baby kicked her. It was funny because I could tell it had really caught her off guard and she was quite startled by it.

Today, however, has been particularily uncomfortable. My feeling down today (for no particular reason - just hormones I guess) hasn't helped matters either. My dear husband came home from work a little early to take his little family to the park and to get me out of the house for a little while (not that I never leave - it's just that it is sometimes more difficult to find the motivation when I'm not feeling well). We had fun watching (and helping) Eliana play on the playground. For the last few weeks, whenever we go to the playground she starts exclaiming, "Wheeeee!!" as soon as she sees it and continues making this precious sound for about the next 15 minutes or so. She is particularly fond of the slide right now. I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times she went down it today.

While sitting on the slide today, she (rightfully) told me that "play" and "yellow" are signed the same way. She's been having a lot of fun learning her colors. Another cute saying we are hearing now is, "Hold you," which she says whenever she wants us to hold her. You just have to hear it. It sounds so precious.

Chris and Eliana are in the next room dancing. I am such a blessed woman. I have an amazing husband who is an amazing father to my amazing daughter. They bring me such joy.

1 comment:

Summer said...

Missed you on Sunday--husband not feeling well, so we stayed home.

But I wanted to tell you I tried real hard to get Eliana to say wheeee last Wednesday (two W's ago) when we were at church--I think she whispered it, but not sure!