Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The Beginning of the End

Today officially marks the beginning of my third trimester, the beginning of the end. Wow. I can't believe I've made it to this point already. I mean, the first trimester draaaaaagged by, but the second trimester went really fast! I think part of it is also due to the fact that I became pregnant just after we moved to New Mexico, and it doesn't seem like we've been here that long yet. Checking the calendar, though, it has been six months, as of yesterday, since our arrival.

I'd definitely have to say that the nesting phase has hit. We gutted out what is to be the baby's room a couple of weeks ago, and I have been setting new cleaning records for myself. I am eager to get all of the baby clothes organized and am constantly on the lookout for a new dresser for Eliana's room (so I can put hers in the baby's room).

I've also been on a home redecorating kick. Over the past couple of months, I have purchased many new odds and ends for the house, including many flowers, most of which I arranged myself. We bought a new dining room table a few weeks ago, and just yesterday we had new living room furniture delivered.

Someday, in the not-too-distant future, I would like to start posting some pictures. Unfortunately, however, our USB cable is missing, so I can't download any pictures off of our camera until we either find our old one or buy a new one. It will be taken care of soon, though - definitely before the baby is due!

No comments: