Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Personalities Shining Through


Husband and I kept referring to Eliana as "fiesty" throughout the last half of my pregnancy with her. My midwife, after noting the baby's movement during every prenatal visit, finally asked one day, "Is she always like this?" During one of the ultrasounds the tech commented that she had never seen a baby move so much and that I was sure to have my hands full. Then, to top it all off, my midwife's assistant, whom we had never met before the birth, commented just moments after the birth that, "This baby is fiesty!" And, sure enough, she is still a neverending ball of energy and movement.

With Evangeline, I kept commenting in pregnancy that she was very "particular." She would always let me know if I was doing something she didn't like! I told Chris I was afraid of having a fussy baby. I even had nightmares of her being born and fussing so much that no one wanted to hold her. When my parents came out to meet her when she was 4 months-old she screamed so much that they both quickly handed her back to me--my nightmare come true. I'm confident that she will always be a princess. :)

I have prayed for a mellow baby this time. I think I'm due for one. So far, though, I can't say I have any good reason to hope for it. My one-word description for this baby--"spastic."

No comments: