Friday, February 22, 2008

Prepared to Pacify


Unbelieveable as it seems most days, this baby is coming soon! I have less than 6 weeks to my "due date," that arbitrary date which I have never before hit. I'm hoping this may be the first time, though. It feels as though there are so many things to do in preparation for this new little one, and the thought of making the adjustment to three seems overwhelming some days.

One thing I have already made sure to have on hand is a couple of pacifiers. Not that I necessarily plan on using them right from the start (I'd rather establish a good nursing relationship first), but who knows when I'll leave the house again. I figure I should be ready to survive at least the first month or two without a trip to Babies 'R' Us.

With help from Eliana, I tried to pick the cutest BPA-free pacifiers available at the store. I'm hopeful the baby will love them as much as Eliana seems to. Eliana eagerly anticipates the birth of her new sister so that she can promptly shove one of these pacis in her mouth. Perhaps she'll finally be able to accomplish what I was never able to do--get my girls to take a pacifier. That never seemed all that bad to me until Eliana developed a high, narrow palate and a cross-bite from excessive thumb-sucking. I'd much prefer the paci (which I can take away) over dental appliances. I hope the baby will agree.

No comments: