Sunday, January 28, 2007

My Little Shark Lover

As my two-and-a-half-year-old naps in her newest shark shirt and her shark house shoes wait patiently by her bed, I am called back to that day in history when I first learned that Eliana had a real passion for sharks. She was only 13-months-old at the time, and we were enjoying the Tennessee Aquarium's new saltwater exhibit with my family. Eliana took one look at the sharks swimming by and excitedly cried out, "Shark!" She was in love from that moment on. When we finally did leave the exhibit she made sure we knew how much it pained her. I bought her a shark stuffed animal when we left the aquarium. She still has it. She still loves it. She still wants more sharks.

I just love that she loves sharks. I guess because it's such an obvious expression of a unique (and adorable) personality.

1 comment:

Elephunk said...

When I was a little girl I loved sharks too. I still do. I am 20 now and am planing on becoming a marine biologist.