Tuesday, September 12, 2006

The Bride of Christ

Last night I lay in bed thinking back to a dream I had a few years ago. In this dream, it was my wedding day, and I was getting ready. I don't recall Chris even existing in my dream. It was not him that I was preparing to meet and make a vow of matrimony to. It was Christ.

I remember feeling an overwhelming inadequacy, having been chosen by Christ to be His bride. I felt completely unworthy. I kept thinking to myself, "Why me? Why would He show such favor to me? I do not deserve this. I do not deserve Him." I felt humbled. I felt honored. I felt ecstatic joy.

Upon waking from this dream I was at peace, still experiencing those same feelings. It was such a beautiful dream, and I felt grateful for having had it. I had gained a new perspective as a part of the Bride of Christ. I felt great excitement looking forward to the Wedding Feast of the Lamb. I was elated.

It still gives me chills to think back on that dream. Last night was the first time I had thought about it in quite some time. I'm not quite sure what caused me to recall those details after such a long time, but I know I needed to remember it. That dream is a gift, a sort of love note from my Beloved.

No comments: