Friday, June 30, 2006

On to July...

Well, it looks as though June is not going to be the month of the baby after all! I've been busy these last few weeks getting last-minute things ready and trying to get some rest! My mother is now staying with us, and that has been a big relief. We've had fun spending time with her, and I've greatly appreciated the extra help and rest that her visit has made possible.

By the end of last week I was feeling pretty desperate to have this baby. I was getting hardly any sleep, and the contractions that I had been having for weeks were really picking up and starting to really interfere with my life. They just wouldn't go to the next level, though, so it was like being stuck in low gear! My midwife gave me an herbal tincture to take, which calmed my uterus and allowed me to get some sleep. I have just been a completely different person since! I've had a pretty good week, and I haven't felt in such a hurry to get this baby out!

We are very excited about our upcoming arrival. Every day my odds of having the baby only increase. It feels odd to have now already gone over a week past when Eliana was born. Hopefully I'll have some big news and pictures to post soon! :)

No comments: