Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Month of the Baby

June is finally here! I may very well have a baby this month! In fact, I believe it to be more likely than not. Even my midwife seems to agree. The question is, "When??"

If this baby comes on the same day (gestationally speaking) as Eliana, then he/she will be born 3 weeks from today. I need to make it at least 2 more weeks from now to be full term, and I need to make it until after the 21st if my mother is going to make it in time. My midwife made mention of the baby possibly being born on Father's Day, which would be special. I have such mixed feelings because, on one hand, I am ready to have this baby and not be pregnant anymore. However, I'd like most of my mother's visit to take place before the baby comes, so that means it would be best to make it until July.

My midwife believes the baby will be similar in size to Eliana and that, once in labor, I will progress quickly. That is just music to my ears! I hope she's right! I am preparing myself to have a shorter, less painful labor. I'm actually excited about going into labor and doing it better this time!

No comments: