Thursday, May 07, 2009

The Mother of All Rallies




On International Midwives Day, May 5, Anastasia and I (and a lot of other people--those pictured above are just a few of us from the Dayton area) went to the state capitol to celebrate and rally for legislation that would grant licensure to Certifed Professional Midwives (CPMs) in the state of Ohio. Anastasia made a great little activist. With smiles flashing from her cute, little face peeking over her evidently "amazing" wrap she was undoubtedly winning state representatives over left and right. We can hope, anyway! Actually, from what I can tell from the handful of encounters I was privy to I think we had a good influence overall.
To read more about this campaign visit the Ohio Midwives Alliance and Ohio Families for Safe Birth websites.

1 comment:

Katie L said...

She's the cutest little activist I've ever seen! I hope common sense and the wellness of moms and babies wins the day in Ohio.