Sunday, November 02, 2008

You must be this tall to enter

Oh, the things Eliana asks when we're driving in the van!  I could fill up the blog daily with this stuff if I only had the time.  She seems to think the van is the best place to ask all thought-provoking, life-altering questions, such as the time she decided to ask, "May we get a pet?" while I was fighting to strap a very resistant Evangeline into her carseat before everyone else in the parking lot was convinced that I must surely be kidnapping the child.  I guess you could say she really needs to work on her delivery.  Anyway, here's a nugget from today:

Eliana: "Mommy?"

Me: "Yes?"

E: "I want to be a mommy now."

Me: (playfully) "Well, you know, once you become a mommy you can't ever stop, no matter how tired you may be."

E: "No matter how tired you are?"

Me: "Yeah, no matter how tired you are."

E: (thinking)...  "Well, I'm ready to be a mommy.  (pause)  I'm just not tall enough yet."

Me: (laughing)

E: "Am I tall enough yet, Mommy?"

Me: "No, sweetie.  I don't think you're tall enough yet."

No comments: