Monday, September 24, 2007

More Big News


A few of you may understand the significance of the above pictures. For those of you who don't, allow me to joyfully explain:

I was beginning to think I may not live to see this day. This is Eliana's first time experiencing dippin' dots ice cream. Why is this such a big deal? Because it has been a promised reward for the past many months of successfully using the potty. That's right. My 3-year-4-month-old finally potty-trained a week and a half ago. PRAISE THE LORD!

For those of you who don't have children, have only a very small child, or have had ridiculously-easy trainees you may not understand what a HUGE deal it is to expereince the pure elation of putting away the diapers after nearly two years of repeated completely unsuccessful attempts. Let me just say, it is beautiful--so beautiful, in fact, that I feel as excited as my 3-year-old to tell the whole world about it.

We're still working on the modesty aspect, so it's probably best not to mention her new panties to her. You're likely to get more than you bargained for. Perhaps we should contact Fruit of the Loom and tell them we have a new model for them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is such a big girl!! Congrats to you all!!