Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Noteworthy Week

These last three days have all been noteworthy, and for different reasons, so I'm going to say a little about each.

Tuesday, October 3 - I started an American Sign Language (ASL) class on this day. It meets every Tuesday evening for 8 weeks. I'm in the Beginner Advanced class, which, for a "beginner" class, is quite advanced indeed! Our instructor uttered not a single word. She signed everything, fingerspelling words that resulted in blank stares all around, and would very rarely make a small note on the board. My feelings constantly shifted between excitement (for learning something new and for all my aspirations tied up in learning this language), embarrassment (when I struggled to keep up), pride (for understanding as much as I did) and inadequacy (for understanding as little as I did). I cannot tell you how delighted I am to have this opportunity!

Wednesday, October 4 - This day marked the one-year anniversary of our arrival in Albuquerque. I can't believe we've already been here an entire year! We really do love it here, and I'm quite content to stay for now.

Thursday, October 5 - Our little Evangeline is 3-months-old today. Can you believe it?! I'm convinced that time is actually moving faster these days. It is such a joy and a privilege to be the mother of this precious child. It is so amazing to see her personality come out more and more with each passing day. We call her "Princess Evangeline" because that's exactly what she is! Happy quarter-of-a-year-day, my sweet girl!

1 comment:

Summer said...

I remember when you all first walked into our church! Happy ABQ anniversary!